Twelfth RRI Dialogue on Forests, Governance and Climate Change:
Scaling-Up Strategies to Reduce Emissions and Advance Development in Forest Areas
The Twelfth RRI Dialogue on Forests, Governance and Climate Change, organized in collaboration with The Nature Conservancy, identified the major emerging threats to forests and took stock of proven strategies to reduce emissions. It assessed the potential for expanding and becoming even more effective. It also considered promising new initiatives to address the current and future drivers of deforestation and degradation, and the long-standing constraints of underdevelopment and weak governance.
This Dialogue was timed to provide an opportunity for representatives from community organizations, governments, donor agencies, research and development organizations, and private sector industry and investors to review and share opinions and exchange up-to-date information.
This event was webcast live in English, French and Spanish on Monday, November 5th.
Click on one of the video clips below to watch the four sessions at the Dialogue: (Videos are best viewed in Internet Explorer.)
Webcast for Introductory Remarks & Session 1: Expanding Adoption of Sustainable Supply Chains in the Forestry and Agribusiness Sectors (session starts at 1:58)
Webcast for Session 2: Lessons Learned from the Extractive and Infrastructure Sectors in Promoting Forest Conservation, Tenure and Governance Reforms, and Community Benefits (session starts at 24:40)
- Innovative Approaches to Leverage Finance and Investment for Tenure and Governance Reforms in Forest Areas (session starts at 24:50)
- Summary Analysis of Day’s Discussions and Next Steps – Scaling-Up Strategies to Reduce Emissions and Advance Development in Forest Areas (session starts at 2:29:00)
- Concept Note and Agenda in English; Spanish; French.
- Dialogue Summary
- List of Participants
- Presentations from the Dialogue:
- Setting the scene – Arvind Khare, Executive Director, RRI
- Paying for More than Carbon, a Proposal to the UNFCCC – Nils Hermann Ranum, Head of Policy and Campaign Division, Rainforest Foundation Norway
Did you attend the Dialogue? Click here to give us your feedback!
Questions? Contact: email@example.com